Medicare Supplements Overview
Original Medicare does a great job of providing coverage for medical and hospital expenses. However, you are still left having to pay a portion of the bill. With the help of Medicare Supplemental insurance, that bill may be cut in half or even completely erased in some instances.
The Medicare Supplement insurance plan is typically sold by private insurance companies and helps to cover the costs from copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles. For the most part, the plans have been standardized across the United States to offer a consistent, comprehensive coverage for Original Medicare costs. Made up with letters ranging from A through N, the only options no longer available are Plans E, H, I, and J. All other plans are currently active and are worth looking into if you want to make your Medicare plan more cost-effective.
What Supplemental Plans Are Available Under Medicare?
With several Medicare Supplemental Insurance options available to policyholders, it is important to understand the benefits of each. Below is a quick breakdown of what scenarios each plan would help provide coverage. For more answers, give a John Kyle Insurance representative a call at (440) 230-1223.
- 100 percent of the coinsurance and copayments for Medicare Part B are covered under all Medigap Plans, except Plan K and Plan L.
- The deductible for Part B is only fully covered with Plan C and Plan F.
- All Medigap Plans will cover 100 percent of Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance for an additional 365 days once Medicare benefits are exhausted.
- Medigap Plans F and G provide full coverage for Medicare Part C excess charges.
- All Medigap plans, excluding Plan K and L, will cover the first three pints of blood needed.
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and copayments for Hospice care are 100 percent covered by all plans, besides Plan K and plan L.
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance will be 100 percent covered under Plans C, D, F, G, M, and N, but not Plan A or Plan B.
- Medicare Part A deductible is covered under all Medigap plans, except Plan A, K, and L.
- Coverage during foreign travel is fully covered by all Medigap Plans, besides Plan A, B, K, and L.
- For out-of-pocket limit protection, the only two plans available are Plan K and Plan L.
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
John Kyle Insurance – We Offer Peace of Mind
Ensuring our clients and their families have peace of mind knowing they are covered no matter the situation is what keeps us going. At John Kyle Insurance, our experienced agents take the time to get to know you and understand your goals for the future. To get started, give us a call at (440) 230-1223 for a free in-person or over the phone consultation.